Branding Strategies for Small Businesses
Running a small business is one of the most time consuming, stressful, painstaking jobs there is, however, arguably one of the most rewarding. You put your blood, sweat, and tears into growing your business, and at the end of the day, that’s something to be incredibly proud of. We understand the plight of the small business, and we understand that branding your small business in a way that lets your business stand out among the competition can be quite a feat. As Houston web designers, branding is what we do, and do well. We help thousands of people define their company and develop their brand, and have compiled a list of basic branding strategies to help you get started. If you have any questions on creating your branding or Houston web design, our contact information is below.
Branding your small business is one of the most important things you can do as a business owner. Branding your business in a creative, smart, and memorable way is an important factor in getting new customers through your door. In a world where people are constantly searching for the most convenient way to purchase goods or services or for the best deal, your business needs to stand out from the competition. How do you brand a small business? Here’s a few ways you can get started on creating strong branding for your small business.
- Create a Great Logo Your logo represents your business and should be creative yet simple enough to remember, and represent what your business stands for. Creating a strong logo is the very core of your branding, so don’t be afraid to go through many variations and ideas before deciding on a logo. If artwork isn’t your thing, you can hire a logo designer or ask your Houston website design company to design your logo for you.
- Be Clear On Your Brand’s Message Make sure that your branding reflects what your company’s message is about. For example, if you breed brightly colored tropical fish, a dark colored logo with a tree on it won’t match your company’s message.
- Develop Your Brand’s “Voice” Developing a voice for your brand will make your brand’s message, logo, and overall marketing strategy cohesive. If you operate a children’s dance studio, having a light-hearted and personal voice will be more on-brand than something cold and technical. On the other side of the spectrum, if you’re a mortician, using slang words and a lot of light-hearted lingo would be off brand for your business. Find your brand’s voice and work hard to develop it.
- Be Consistent With Your Branding Once you’ve finalized your branding, be consistent with it. Use your logo, taglines, color schemes, and voice on all of your marketing materials. Keeping consistent with your branding will imprint your brand into your customer’s memory and allow your business to grow.
- Research and Decide What Functions Would Work Best On Your Website Part of branding is creating your online presence which is where having a Houston web development specialist comes into play. If you run a high-end hair salon, functions like online scheduling will be of use to you. If you run a doctor’s office, you will likely need a client management software to store all of your files and patient communications.
Decide How You Will Communicate With Customers Communication and client relationships are the very core of any business. Consider the following when building your brand and having your Houston web design team create your website:
- Custom Forms – Where will your customer inquiries go? Will you want inquiries on specific topics funneled into different places?
- Chat Features – Do you want you website to have an on-site chat feature? Your Houston WordPress developer can implement a live chat software so you can directly communicate with customers.
- Forums – Do you want your potential clients to chat amongst themselves? Building a community of people interested in your services can help drive people to your business.
- Unique Web Applications – If your business has a unique need for something, your Houston web developer can create it. Sometimes there are not WordPress plugins for everything a business wants – having a seasoned web development professional on your team can make all the difference in the functionality of your website.
Branding a business may seem like exhausting work, but it can be one of the most fun parts of starting your business. Developing your brand’s voice will help you develop an overall marketing strategy and gives you the opportunity to share with the world in a creative way what your company is all about. There are few better feelings than having a potential customer recognize your logo or brand which serves as a reminder of the products and services you offer. If you have any questions or need assistance building your brand, contact one of our Houston web designers at Buer Interactive and we will be glad to steer you in the right direction. Happy branding!
Buer Interactive – Houston Website Design, Web Development, and Search Engine Optimization
5850 San Felipe Street
Houston, TX 77057