Creating Engaging Content
The content of your website can either make or break your online marketing. In a digital age, people’s attention spans are short and internet users seek instant gratification when searching for information. At Buer Interactive, we are based-in-Houston web designers, so we are well-versed in creating engaging content. We want our clients to learn how to create engaging content of their own as part of a cohesive online marketing strategy, and have compiled a list of tips on how to do so. In Houston, business competition is fierce, and no matter your field, your content needs to stand out above the rest. In Houston, oil and gas website design is just as important as Houston lawyer web design or design for a photography studio. Each business website must have creative and engaging content to encourage your audience to read through your content and ideally become customers or clients of your business. If you have any questions about creating engaging content or need help creating your own online marketing strategy, our contact is on the bottom of this article. Good luck and happy creating!
Engaging content is what a good website is all about, regardless of the subject matter of the website. If your content is lackluster, your audience retention rate will be low. By having interesting content on your website and social media platforms, you have a higher probability of conversions, which is what online marketing is all about. Here are a few ways that you can ensure that your website content is engaging and captures the attention of your audience:
Keep Your Content Consistent With Your Branding As Houston website design professionals, a problem we often see with website content is that it is inconsistent with the branding, which can visually confuse an audience. For example, if you work as a massage therapist and your branding is has a soothing tone to it, a stark, loud video on the front page of your website will be confusing and will put off your audience.
Questions to ask your web designer:
- Is my logo consistent with the tone of my business? Do I need a new logo?
- What specialized plugins should I use for my business that would match the branding of my business? (WordPress plugins can make or break your website – for example, if you’re a Houston lawyer, you may want a client relationship management software. If you’re a preschool, this kind of software may not be applicable to your business. Remember, a good Houston web developer will only integrate plugins that you need, not force you to spend time or money on unnecessary applications or software)
Incorporate Videos Into Your Marketing Strategy Using videos to share something about what your business does is a creative way to grab the attention of your audience. Creating a tutorial on how to use your product can excite your audience if they see your product in action. Make sure that your video is high-quality and if possible, not recorded on a mobile device. If your budget is lower and using a smartphone is your best bet, make sure you record your videos in landscape for easier viewing.
Our Houston web developers recommend the following WordPress plugins for video:
- Workbox Video This free plugin allows you to create a video gallery using videos from different platforms (YouTube, Wistia, and Vimeo), which can be arranged in any way you like. (This plugin requires some coding knowledge, so refer to your Houston WordPress developer for guidance.)
- WordPress Video Gallery this plugin allows your videos to display in high-definition and videos can be configured to display popular, recent, or featured videos. Your Houston web development team can fully customize this plugin to match the branding and theme of your website.
Encourage Conversation and Interaction Thought-provoking content will stir your audience, encourage social media shares, and keep your readers activated. Consider hosting a contest incorporating your service or product. For example, if you run a dog walking business, ask your readers to post a funny picture of their dog and give a prize to the funniest one.
We recommend the following for the best customer conversation and interaction:
- WOOBOX A sweepstakes and contest software that gathers user information or generated social media ‘likes’ with each submission, WOOBOX allows the operator to create contests for user generated submission, coupon codes, or sweepstakes.
- Custom Web Applications Having your own social networking platform on your website can be a fantastic way to drive potential customers to your website. Your Houston WordPress web designer can create a custom software for your clients, driving interest in your product or service while creating a community of people who are interested in what your business has to offer.
Use Good Headlines and Titles Headlines or titles are the first impressions of your content – make it count! A boring headline will cause readers to scroll past your content, while a catchy and interesting headline or title will draw your audience in and urge them to find out more.
There are many ways to produce good content for your business. Get creative and develop your strategy as you find what works for your business. As Houston web designers, we are constantly reviewing new marketing techniques and online marketing tools, as the internet and it’s trends are rapidly changing. Keep on top of current social media trends and new ways to reach your audience with your content. As always, if you have any questions on how to create engaging content for your business or website, feel free to contact us!
Buer Interactive – Houston Website Design, Web Development, and Search Engine Optimization
5850 San Felipe Street
Houston, TX 77057