As a Houston website design and development company, we are very aware of the oil and gas industry. Our city has many oil and gas company professionals, and if you live in Houston there’s a chance you know someone who’s work in the oilfields or in the oil and gas industry. The oil and gas industry is a very old industry, but that doesn’t mean the need for an online presence is any less. Even if you’ve been in the oil business for decades and have a strong client base, there’s a chance that a newer company with a stronger online presence could try and usurp your position in the field. As more and more people use the internet to discover businesses and companies, yours could be pushed by the wayside if you do not properly market your oil company online. If you have any questions on how to develop your online presence, contact one of our Houston web design specialists. Our contact information is on the bottom of this page.
The oil industry is a complex industry. From the companies who actually harvest crude oil to companies that provide pipeline materials, the oil industry, although an older industry, is still highly competitive. While some oil companies have been in operation for generations, there are still new oil companies that surface, and these newer companies more often than not have the competitive edge of the internet on their side. If you run an oil company and are looking to stand apart from the competition, you will need to lay the groundwork for a strong online presence. Here are a few ways you can get started:
The Foundation for Online Presence – Your Website In Houston oil and gas web design is a demanding market. With so much competition, how do you stand out? Hiring a professional web designer in Houston is key to your success in an online world. Your website is the basics of your online marketing, as that is where you want to direct people to. Having a clean, up-to-date, and professional website will be the first impression for many potential customers. While having a basic website is nice to have, as Houston oil & gas company, there are several components your website will likely need to be functional and effective when gaining new clients.
Some things to consider when having a Houston WordPress web development team build your website are:
- Client Portals Will you require client tracking software? Having a CRM within your website makes it easy to keep track of client projects as well as track leads for new business.
- Analytics You want to know who your potential customer base is. Having your Houston web developer install an analytics software like Google Analytics by Yoast will help you keep track of the demographics of your potential clients as well as the content they are best responding to.
- Leads Forms Having customized forms on your website for potential clients to fill out is imperative to growing your business and organizing leads. Having a call-to-action leads form where potential customers or clients can join your email list or contact you for an estimate is highly important.
Be Creative With Your Content Not many people understand the nuances within the oil and gas business, so why not show them? Show people what happens in the oilfields, show people what some of the equipment does, or do short interviews with your employees telling interesting stories about their job. Pieces of interest will be shared around the internet, giving your business more exposure. A few different ways to share engaging content or as follows:
- Video content Having video content is a great way to capture the attention of potential customers. A short video about what your company does is a great way to captivate your audience without making them scroll through text to find out information.
- Photos High quality photos make or break a website. Using original photos is far more effective than using stock photography.
- Blog Posts A blog is a great way to share news about your company or to write about an aspect of your company not many people know about or find interesting. Having a blog on your website is also a way to keep your content fresh and let your audience know that your company is active online.
Use Social Media Channels Social media is extremely popular in pop culture, and will only continue to grow in popularity. If you business isn’t on social media, creating accounts will help your business gain more exposure and potentially lead to more business for your company. Staggering amounts of people are using social media to discover new businesses, so don’t waste an opportunity to grow your business by skipping out on social media. Your Houston web development team at Buer Interactive can help you strategize and implement effective social media campaigns for your business.
If your business doesn’t have an online presence, or has a very minimal one, developing your online presence can seem like a daunting task. That’s where Buer Interactive – Houston Website Design, Web Development, and Search Engine Optimization company comes in. We can help you achieve your business goals, no matter where you are in the evolution of your business. Reach out to us with any questions or needs your business may have – we’re here to help!